Shoe Away Hunger
Shoe Away Hunger offers affordable quality footwear for those in need. In addition, it helps us to raise the important dollars we need to continue feeding over 7,500 people each month through our Food Programs and services. This amazing program offers a simple and meaningful way for you to join with us as we work together to eliminate local hunger “one sole at a time”.
DID YOU KNOW we have a Shoe Bus and Shoe Trailer that is on the road hosting events several times each week to bring quality footwear to those in need? This exciting mobile shoe store enables us to bless our community and provide affordable footwear for economically disadvantaged people, including shoes for schools, shelters, and local food shelves. Please see the bus schedule below.
Shoe Away Hunger Shoe Event Schedule
View the Shoe Away Hunger shoe event schedule below to find out when & where the bus will be next so you can receive an affordable pair of quality shoes for a small suggested donation.
5th– Norwood Young America- All Saints Lutheran Church (16583)- 511 Merger St., Norwood Young America, MN 55368. From 3-5 pm.
11th– North Branch- Trinity Lutheran Church (6482)- 38460 Lincoln Trail, North Branch, MN 55056. From 3-5 pm. . (Fare 4 All)
16th– St. Joseph- Resurrection Lutheran Church (6483)- 610 Co Rd 2., St Joseph, MN 56374. From 3:30-5:30 pm. . (Fare 4 All)
23rd– St Cloud- Salem Lutheran Church (6514)- 90 Riverside Dr SE., St Cloud, MN 56304. From 3:30-5:30 pm. (Fare 4 All)
25th Waite Park-Project Community Connect (16021)-1210 23rd Ave S. Waite Park, MN. 56387. From 10-3 pm
1st Onamia- Onamia- Onamia Vet’s Club (16584)- 38692 US-169, Onamia, MN 56359. From 3-5 pm.
2nd- Northfield- Church of St Dominic (6337)- 1041 Linden St N., Northfield, MN 55057. From 3:30-5:30 pm. (Fare 4 all)
8th- Mpls, St Joseph Catholic Community (15441)- 8701 36th Ave N., Mpls, MN 55427. From 3-5 pm. (Fare 4 All)
10th– White Bear Lake- Community of Grace Lutheran Church (8335)- 4000 Linden St, White Bear Lake, MN 55110- From 1-3 pm. (Fare 4 All)
14th– Roseville- Real Life Church (6512)-2353 Chatsworth St N., Roseville, MN 55113. From 3-5 pm (Fare 4 All)
17th– Mpls- Creekside Community Center (6505)- 9801 Penn Ave S., Mpls., MN 55431. From 11-1 pm. (Fare 4 All)
27th Burnsville- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church (Mission OutPost) (1071)– 13801 Fairview Dr, Burnsville, MN 55337. From 4-6 pm. (Fare 4 All)
29th– Mpls-Basilica of Saint Mary (14905)-88 N 17th St, Minneapolis, MN 55403—From 9:30-12:30 pm
1st – Mpls- Community Emergency Service (2629)- 1900 11th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55404. From 12:30-2:30
Please look at weather reports for the area of the shoe event you want to attend and/or look at this site PRIOR to arriving on site. Rain or inclement weather will cause the event to be canceled.
Feel free to contact Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-440-7463 if you have any questions.
How It Works
A single pair of new or gently used shoes for someone in need can have a big impact. It’s often said, we really don’t understand the plight of another until we’ve walked a mile in their shoes. Understanding their struggle is important; however, helping them overcome it is even better. By donating a pair of new or gently used shoes or winter boots, you help another desperate person in to walk a mile or more in YOUR shoes. All of our shoes are given away for a small suggested donation or for whatever someone can afford, with the proceeds used to buy groceries to support our Food Programs. With this in mind, we encourage you to CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSE FOR A CAUSE and help us impact those in need of affordable shoes, and help us eliminate hunger too. It’s a great way to have a 2-for-1 impact, shoes for FEET and shoes for FOOD.
How can you help? It’s easy.
CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSET FOR A CAUSE
- Simply collect your new or gently used footwear, including sneakers, casual shoes, winter boots, sandals, and heels.
- Encourage your friends, relatives, and neighbors to do the same.
- Tie or band them together to avoid “shoe orphans”.
- Please place them in a plastic bag to keep them dry.
- Your shoes can be dropped off at any Schuler Shoe Store: https://www.schulershoes.com/stores NOTE: if you are planning to drop off more than 50 pairs of shoes or footwear items, please call ahead of time to arrange to drop them off at our Shoe Away Hunger warehouse 8063 Ranchers Road NE Fridley, MN 55432 or to arrange a pick up: 612-440-7463 (SHOE).
HOST A SHOE DRIVE
If SHOE AWAY HUNGER resonates well with your interest and vision for making a difference, perhaps you might consider having an even BIGGER IMPACT by hosting a shoe or boot drive in your community, church, school, or workplace. It’s easy to do, and it’s another way you can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE for so many in need of shoes, boots, and food.
Check out the video below (or link: https://vimeo.com/715996652) created for us by our kind sponsor, Eagle Brook Church, and then follow our 4 step process for enjoying a successful event:
- CONTACT Jamie Morrison, our Director of Operations, at 612-440-7463 (shoe), or fill out this form. She’ll provide you with all the logistical details you need and offer excellent advice for helping to make your shoe drive a successful event.
- COMMUNICATE to your team, plan for the date, and promote it to everyone. Let them know the amazing impact a pair of shoes can have on someone in need of affordable footwear and how this ultimately impacts the hungry members of our local community.
- COLLECT only NEW and GENTLY USED shoes and winter boots. Band or tie them together, coordinate a drop time with Jamie, and then drop them off at our warehouse.
- CELEBRATE with your team, knowing that every pair of shoes collected will enable us to buy up to 7 days of groceries for another hungry person and offer affordable footwear for someone in need.
BECOME A SHOE AWAY HUNGER SPONSOR
Finally, another important way you, your church, or place of business can have a significant impact is to sponsor a shoe bus event. For only $275, you can cover the cost of our operations for an entire event that typically brings support to 50-100 households. Every pair of shoes we distribute helps another person to have happier feet and enables us to continue buying groceries for the hungry. Happy FEET + FOOD for the hungry = Shoe Away Hunger and this results in stable lives and a better community.
SHOE AWAY HUNGER SPONSOR VIDEO
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 612-440-7463 (SHOE) .