To influence, inspire and impact individuals, families and entire communities for good.
Changing lives together with simple acts of kindness.
Our Vision values:
“Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
At all the times you can, To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.” – John Wesley
OUR core values:
A – Accepting
• We believe in people and in the intrinsic value of humanity; therefore, we intentionally choose to “do all the good we can…”
C – Compassion
• We believe in the life-changing power of kindness and in the virtue of doing good; therefore, we intentionally choose to “do all the good we can…”
T – Trust culture
• We believe in developing strong relational equity with others to help foster a better community and to intentionally choose to “do all the good we can…”
I – Improving the human condition
• We believe in continuously striving for the benefit of others to intentionally “do all the good we can…”
O – Opportunistic
• We believe in working with efficiency and effectiveness in order to properly steward our time, talent, and treasure to intentionally “do all the good we can…”
N – Networking
• We believe in partnering as an effective means of stewarding our time, purpose, and resources and to intentionally “do all the good we can…”
WHO WE ARE: Inspiring intentional acts of kindness
Good in the ‘Hood is an urban-based, partnering organization committed to initiating and sustaining focused acts of kindness as a means of inspiring neighborhood decency and personal transformation. We believe that goodness and kindness are change-agent qualities and it is our firm conviction that urban renewal will take place when a focused and contagious momentum of kindness is made manifest. Our desire is to inspire individuals, families and entire neighborhoods to take responsibility and ownership for the growth, improvement and well-being of their personal lives and community. Through partnerships and kindness-based initiatives we believe the physical, emotional and spiritual climate of an entire community can be changed for good.